Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Convertible Cities 2011 - Soweto/SouthAfrica - some added news to the briefing

Dear all

Firstly I will like to apologies for not being available myself on Saturday, I had to attend a Family funeral in Pretoria. I hope you received my message through Thabo. It was my wish to be present on that day. Thank you for the commitment and  effort you are showing in this project, it means a lot to me. I will do whatever it takes to make it work. Regarding the classrooms, I think I do agree with Thabo on the number of classrooms as this is in line with the requirements of the Municipality that the children has to be divided in according to their developmental stages. It will be  cl advantageous to add extra one classroom to make it 5.

Classroom 1-  3 months- 2 years to accommodate 15 children
Classroom 2-  2 years -3 years to accommodate 20 children
Classroom 3-  3years -4 years to accommodate 30 children
Classroom 4- 4years -5 years to accommodate  30 children
Classroom 5- 5 years -6 years to accommodate 35 children
1 office
1 store room
1 kitchen
1 Paint room/internal play room (optional)
1 Sick Bay or this can be combined with the Office.

With regards to the accommodation of students I think you need to guide us, whether will they prefer to stay around the township or outside maybe in town? So that we should start searching for accommodation.

Thanks again really it means a lot to me, let’s work together to make this project to be successful for the sake of the children.


Warm regards,
Lindiwe

No comments:

Post a Comment